Monday, June 22, 2015

Week #44 - You'll Poke your Eye Out!

Hello Dear Family- 

I've been learning a lot about having my eye single to the glory of God.
3 Nephi 13:22- "The light‍ of the body is the eye; if, therefore, thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light."
Mormon 8:15- "For none can have power to bring it to light save it be given him of God; for God wills that it shall be done with an eye‍ single to His glory..."
When I think of the light, I think of a light bulb that goes off above someone's head when they UNDERSTAND. But the only way that we are going to understand God's will and ourselves is if our eyes are single to the glory of God.  

I read a quote that explained it well, "Food is not a bad thing. It is actually a very good thing. However, when we are fasting, even the tiniest drop of water is bad." Family, friends, relationships, the future, etc...these things are not bad. They are actually very good things. BUT WHEN WE ARE FASTING FOR 18 MONTHS, EVEN THE SLIGHTEST DISTRACTION IS  A BAD THING. This was an answer to prayer for me and helped me realize my purpose. 

The miracle I received happened yesterday. We were struggling numbers wise and we needed to make our goals. We decided that we would go out and visit certain people in order to make it work. Knowing that it was Father's Day and also a Sunday evening...we were a little worried people would turn us away or wouldn't open the door. But God opened those doors and gave us other opportunities that we hadn't previously seen which helped us meet our goals. He is totally rooting for us out here.  

I love each of you! But I'm out of time! 

Hermana Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment