Monday, July 13, 2015

Week # 47 - By Small and Simple Things...

Dear Family -

I know that through the Atonement of Christ, we are made perfect. We are spiritually and physically healed. Through the Savior and our Redeemer, we have tomorrows and can forget about the yesterdays. I know that when God says that He will make our sins as white as snow....He means it. I know that God loves each and everyone of His children and desires the MOST possible for them in this life. 

 I know that each and every prayer we offer is heard to Heavenly Father and that He is just ACHING to talk to us. He waits for us to come and will not force us. He is patient and long suffering. He doesn't make excuses for us and He won't ever give us an easy way out but HE WILL ALWAYS be our great cheerleader, support system, and mentor.  

I know that because God loves us, He gave us the scriptures. I've read those pages over and over and have then testified of those truths, over and OVER. I know that they are of God and that they are only for our benefit. I know that by reading the Book of Mormon, a man WILL come closer to God and find answers to the questions of his heart.

I know that my Redeemer lives. I know that because He gave up everything, that I am still unwilling to give, so that I may live again. I know that my Savior loves me. He wants for  me to overcome my weaknesses and He lifts me when I no longer have emotional, physical, or mental strength.  

I KNOW that the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints is Jesus Christ's church on the earth and that it was restored through a prophet, Joseph Smith. I know that Joseph Smith was only a man who had simple desires to know what church to join. He was not looking to start another religion nor to restore Jesus Christ's true gospel; rather he was humbled before God to receive direction for his life. He sought to know and thereby a way was made possible for all of us to know the infinite truths found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I know that we have the fullness of the gospel and that we can have the answers to all the questions. If it's not in the scripture or spoken from the words of inspired prophets, it is definitely possible to receive it through our own personal revelation. This is a church of revelation and it will never stop. Jesus Christ is the head of this church and leads us through prophets, just as in olden times.  

God does not change. He is a God of love and compassion. I know Him as my Heavenly Father. I know that He is a separate and powerful being from His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. I KNOW that the Bible is the word of God, as far as it is translated correctly. I know that through reading the truths in the Bible and the Book of Mormon, we can understand the nature and gospel of Christ.  

I know that it is only through our Savior that we can be saved. Through Him, we can be saved from our pains, infirmities, afflictions, unhappiness, anger, and grief. We are made WHOLE through our Savior and Redeemer.  

I know that I am imperfect. I know of my own nothingness and my own unworthiness; however, I KNOW that God forgives me, and He will continue to do so as I show Him my true desires.  

I want nothing more than to be the person God needs for me to be. I'm tired of living halfway and only having a half life. I want to be an instrument in His Loving Hands and am willing to do whatever He asks. I know that by doing so, I will receive more than I can ever imagine.

I know that God is involved in EVERY SINGLE ONE of our lives. That He has never once abandoned us, rather He has waited patiently until we WANT Him in our lives. There are tender mercies to be seen daily and angels waiting around every bend to enrich and to bless us. I know that angels, both mortal and celestial, are real. I know that nothing is an accident.  

I know that I am inexplicable. That mortals words could not, and cannot not, describe the person that I can be. I know that I am without definition and that I can change and repent each day. 

I know....that I am loved. No matter where I am, what trials I face or who tells me otherwise....I KNOW that I am LOVED.  And I love all of you :)  

This testimony I bear with a heart full of gratitude :)  

Hna Lake

 

No comments:

Post a Comment