Monday, September 21, 2015

Week #57 - The Plan for our Salvation

 

Today was a really good week. I've been pushing myself to work harder than ever and have surprised myself with the endurance that comes through prayer. We had an awesome miracle because of it! We were out knocking doors for hours and I was so exhausted. No one wanted to listen, we kept getting doors shut in our faces and it was definitely a struggle. BUT I kept praying in my heart and asking God to keep me strong and faithful. We wanted to keep going; we wanted to keep trying. So, we did. Then we felt we needed to go to a specific area. The first door we knocked opened up to Maleigha and Charles. Charles kept telling us we came at exactly the right time and that he had lost sight of God in his life and he needed to get back. We said a prayer and the Spirit was strong. We asked to come back the following day to teach them about the Restoration.  We returned the next day with a member we felt prompted to bring who bore the PERFECT testimony to help us know Maleigha's desires and to help her to progress. She already believes in the Book of Mormon, came to church last Sunday and will be setting a date tonight! GOD IS A GOD OF MIRACLES. But we receive no witness until after the trial of our faith.

The view our apartment!
We are called to be fishers of men!

True to the Faith pg 117: "The glory you will inherit will depend on the depth of your conversion and your obedience to the Lord's commandments."

If we can't even handle the lower law (mission rules) and cannot convert ourselves to our missions (jump start for real life), we will not be worthy of eternal life with our Heavenly Father. Discipleship is not for the weak in heart. God's presence is not for the weak in heart. The Celestial kingdom can only be reached by becoming a true disciple of Jesus Christ and choosing NOW to follow him.

 Alma 26:12-Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; Endure! Be strong!

 Joshua1:9  Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for  the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. 

 I am, by no means, perfect in this area and cannot call upon others to give up their everything to the Lord when I still haven't. But I can say, and bear a firm testimony, that I KNOW this is true. Our Father in Heaven does not leave us comfortless. He will be our strength and our path. He desires our salvation and will do what He can to help us. We are weak and falter but through our Savior Jesus Christ, we can do ALL  THINGS.

 This is how I know. As missionaries, sometimes there is confrontation. Not contention but we are definitely presented with challenges. Each time, if we pray in our hearts and plead for help....the words are given to us.  We testify of our Savior Jesus Christ. That He lives. That He loves us and desires our salvation and happiness. That we are children of God. Always, ALWAYS the Spirit confirms of these truths and the confrontation is dissipated. This has forced me to hold on to the truths of the Gospel with all that I have. It has forced me to stand up for truth and righteousness and to make no apology for what is right. That was really hard for me. It really challenged me. But God has never once left me alone. We are WARRIORS in the battle of life and God stands as a rallying general against sin. PUSH ON!

 I love each of you dearly and have so much faith in you. If I, in my crippling weakness, can do it.....so can you :)

 I LOVE YOU!!

 Hermana Lake 

No comments:

Post a Comment