Monday, September 28, 2015

Week #58 - Power is not Limited to only the "Strong"

Wow. Just wow. This has been a really good week. Our faith has been higher, our endurance stronger and we are trying to be on the Lord's errand. Saturday, we had no one committed to church and we REALLY wanted to get people there. We went out with faith high that we could find someone and we were led to a family of 4 that wants to hear the gospel. THEY CAME! The son, Ronald, has been searching for truth and is trying to make sure he knows what he is doing is the right thing. After church, we asked him how he felt and he said, "I feel like this is the place I want to be". HE WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED!!  

2nd Miracle: I've been scared out of my mind to set people with baptismal dates. But, we decided to push our fears aside and confronted an investigator, Maleigha, who had still not committed. She said it was because she wanted a sign that these things were true. We asked her about what she did believe. She stated that the Book of Mormon was true and that the Plan of Salvation made sense. We explained that we were the only church that taught those principles, shared personal testimony, and read with her from Alma 32: 16-18.  

16Therefore, blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled to be humble; or rather, in other words, blessed is he that believeth in the word of God, and is baptized without stubbornness of heart, yea, without being brought to know the word, or even compelled to know, before they will believe.

17Yea, there are many who do say: If thou wilt show unto us a sign from heaven, then we shall know of a surety; then we shall believe.

18Now I ask, is this faith? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for if a man knoweth a thing he hath no cause to believe, for he knoweth it. 
 

She is now getting baptized on October 10. Satan wants us to believe that we can't do it, to paralyze us with the fear that we will mess it up and therefore, they'll say no. He wants us to believe that our personal talents and abilities cannot be magnified to do the Lord's work. That's bogus. We are given power and authority from God to preach His gospel. We receive individual revelation for our area, our investigators, and for ourselves. DO NOT BE DECEIVED! We can win; with the Lord on our side, we will! Now, I can recognize a little better whose voice is in my head and choose what I need to.  Mom insert: We must recognize the voice of the messenger.  

We are warriors in our Savior's army. Each life that we touch for good is added to our army. Each life that we bring a little closer to the Savior becomes a member in the fight for good. We are not alone. We are not defenseless. We must stand firm. We will stand for truth. We will not forfeit our eternal birthright for a cheap imitation of Celestial Glory. We want truth. We want to be servants of our Lord and Savior.  We serve in our army with all our heart, might, mind, and strength. We are grateful. We are patient. We trust in the Lord when the battle begins to look grim and await the Heavenly support we have been promised. We do not sway under the scorn of the world or words of unrighteousness. We are valiant leaders in the fight for virtue and godliness. We are sons and daughters of God and must accept no less. 

My mission has taught me to be firm in my convictions and beliefs. It has taught me that when it really comes down to the bare minimum....there are no maybes, halfways, or could be. It is yes or it is no; it is do or die. Either we choose to follow our Savior Jesus Christ or we do not. God doesn't dabble in confusion. He is one or the other. Be STRONG! We are divine! We are royal! 

Remember that family I mentioned? Well, they brought their 3 yr old daughter and she wanted to bear her testimony in church yesterday. At first, I wasn't sure about time. So I told her we could next time. She just deflated. I became determined to get her up there if there was any space. The last one finished, bishop stayed sitting so I shot up with this little girl and we were up there in a flash. She got up to the microphone...and froze. She looked to me for help and I told her simple truths that I knew she knew. "God loves me. I love Jesus. I'm a princess. I want to follow Him" Many ward members came up afterwards and told us that her sweet testimony changed the meeting; this 3 yr old changed the meeting. The simple truths that "God loves me and I'm his daughter" are POWERFUL and everlasting. 

Testimony of these things are not limited to anyone in particular. If you want to know for yourself, get down on your knees and ask God, "Am I really your daughter? Do you really love me?" I PROMISE that He will give you the perfect assurance that He does and that you are His. He has done it for me - I know that I am His daughter and that He wants for me to return to Him. It is no different for any of you. WE ARE HIS CHILDREN! Don't miss out. Take the challenge left to you from God, the prophets and apostles, women leaders, and me. ASK HIM! Please, let something as simple as this firm knowledge shape the rest of your life.  

I LOVE YOU ALL! I know my Savior loves me and desires my success. I know that He supports me in my trials and waits for reasons to bless me. I know my Father in Heaven is aware of my needs and that everything in my life is for a reason. I know this is the everlasting Gospel. DO NOT WASTE IT!

Hna Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment