Monday, December 21, 2015

Week #70 - Merry Christmas!!

Dear Family- 

I've been learning a lot about pride. Pride is the reason Satan fell. It's the reason we lose the Spirit as missionaries. I was reading 2 Nephi, when suddenly I decided that I didn't want to read it, that it wasn't important. Then Nephi threw down 2 Nephi 25 on me when he testified of the importance of the Isaiah chapters. I went back and read and was able to find some really cool tidbits that helped me in my understanding of the gospel and of myself. Yeah....that pride thing.... 

 “When they are learned they think they are wise, and they hearken not unto the counsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their wisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not." 2 Nephi 9:28  Ponderize this little guy... it will humble you!

I'm really grateful for my family. You guys have truly been a pillar of strength for me :) 

We had our ward Christmas party this last week and they asked us to talk about the life and purpose of Jesus Christ. Man, that was revelation for me. Truly, our Savior came to give us the gift of change. His entire legacy demonstrated to us the ability to be great and to achieve more than we may seem. Born in a humble stable, a simple carpenter changed the entire world of religion as we know it. He was a Son of God who listened to the will of the Father.  

Believe it or not, we are all children of God. We were born into different circumstances and yet each one of us is called upon to become something great, to be kind when no one else is kind, to smile when the sky is gray, to serve someone who doesn't wish you to serve them. Ultimately, we are called to do as our Heavenly Father would. We are called to listen to His will. If we truly hope to understand the purpose and life of our Savior, Jesus Christ, then we need to use it daily. We need to change, be better, sacrifice, and recognize the hand of the Savior in that change. I know that My Savior lives. What comfort this sweet sentence gives. He lives. He lives who once was dead. Look for the Savior this Christmas. I promise, He has been waiting.

Miracle!!
We went out to go see a potential after all our other plans fell through. We parked a little far away with the intention of knocking some doors on our way to her home. After the 2nd door, we found Orlando and Rosa. They were taught in Colombia by some Elders, had been to church many times and had read a little of the Book of Mormon. Even crazier, they had been talking the day before about the Elders and wondering where the Mormon church was in Florida! They've been committed to church, were so excited to get another Book of Mormon, and wanted for us to come back the next day! God sends us to where we are needed.

Love you all!

Hna Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment