Monday, October 26, 2015

Week #62 - Driving on Autopilot!

Man! This week has been so crazy. Godly sorrow and recommitting are a strong couple.  I allowed my focus to slip a little - but the atonement is wonderful and repentance is an ever reaching gift.
 
Sister Evans is the BEST! She has true desires and has been writing herself little reminders and encouragements to keep her focus. She is awesome :) She has started leading companion study and also knocking sessions. She is diligent and faithful. Everyone can be baptized! She bears her testimony at every opportunity and is always willing to be corrected on her Spanish. I am amazed by how willing she is to change and to be led. I can't imagine a better teacher for me :)

Our area is doing well. We are going to be breaking out our bikes (Sister Evan's idea! :D) and finding all those prepared for us. We've become a LOT more committed to our goals and want to get 4 by Thursday and 7 by Sunday SO BAD. It's the Lord's standard that our mission president has given to us. We know that we can get it! There are people everywhere on the streets of Miami. I'm going to find them!

This week I've been trying to learn more about doing the Lord's will.
My scripture to ponderize is 3 Nephi 9:13-14:

13 O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you?

14 Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.

I've been frustrated because of all my imperfections. I get so sick of messing up or not being all here and getting tired. I just want to WORK! But reading this chapter has helped me to realize that when I choose to do something halfway or not do what God wants, I'm allowing Satan into my life and into my mind. I'm not choosing to follow Him and that was a big enough motivation for me to put up a greater fight. I don't need any of that! Jesus Christ has said He will heal us. We just need to accept His Arm of Mercy and turn towards Him. I'm trying to understand more about the atonement and the nature of God. Mercy seems to be a hard concept for me to understand. It's like, "You'll forgive me if I'm really penitent? Okaay, and what else do you want?" It just seems too good to be true, sometimes. But that's the thing. IT IS TRUE! The atonement really does change us and make us better. It works at our level and with our needs. It pushes us but doesn't overwhelm us. Jesus Christ really is our Savior and really does love us infinitely. Why else would He give his WHOLE LIFE to us? He is so merciful. No one is exempt.

We've tried to be more grateful in our finding sessions. Every time we find someone or we see a little miracle, we say a gratitude prayer. This lead us to Pilar! We OYMed her and she is so elect. She wants a strong family, to find the true church and to strengthen her relationship. We are so excited! :)
 
We are also teaching Manny. Our little humble seeker. (He is a grown 48 yr old. We love him :D) He is trying so hard to find truth. He came to church on Sunday and liked it. I think that our church is more different than we think. We are more reverent than most. It'll be a blast to have him come the 2nd week...we've broken him in already! :)
 
I love you all and know that this is our Savior's church. Sometimes you don't realize how much you know until you bear it. We were teaching Pilar this last week and after I bore my testimony and we finished the Restoration, she looked at me and said she could tell I knew it was true by my conviction and by the way I talked. I didn't realize it until she said it. I know this is TRUE! This has become so sacred to me. The gospel is my greatest companion and confidante. I Love it!

Hna Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment