Monday, November 2, 2015

Week #63 - Buts, but no Buts

Dear Family(s)- There are just so many of you that I consider family that it's easier said this way :)

So I got humbled this week.  

That was really fun.  

It was exactly what I needed.  

This transfer has been a roller coaster of emotions. It's kind of like I'm going along happily and slowly, but then I start going uphill and then falling, FAST. It's up and down. I couldn't figure out what got me going in that direction until I stopped and thought about where my thoughts, actions, and desires were stemming from. They all started with ME. Or I. Our roller coaster of life begins the moment that we start focusing on ourselves. 

I'm not going to lie to all of you. This has been a hard transfer filled with many realizations about the future, my potential, my weaknesses and my destiny. None of us will ever know what the future holds but we can know how the actions leading there will prepare us.  

My mind has been seriously drawn to ponder certain gospel principles. I've felt within my soul that God has something for me and that it's going to be hard; therefore, I received a blessing from the Bishop this past Sunday....and was shocked by its content. 

God speaks to us. HE PREPARES US. Like you, He has provided me with given the tools, talents or experiences to help me to rise to the occasion or to overcome what I've been given.  

Last transfer, President told me that he had a special assignment for me this transfer and that I needed to prepare for it. I spent last transfer pushing myself to greatest of my capabilities and trying so hard to prepare. When my interview came right before transfers, President looked into my eyes and told me I was ready. I asked, "Should I be scared?" He said, "No, but you should be ready." Then, I got a new baby and transferred to a new area. Well, SURPRISE! Oh wait, not at all a surprise.  

God loves His children and desires their greatest happiness. I love you all! 

Hna Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment