Monday, November 16, 2015

Week #65 - Drops of Awesome!

Dear Family-

This is one of the best blog posts that I have ever heard of. I can't read it but you all can, check it out. It's pretty much amazing.  

This past week has been characterized by the idea of drops of awesome. I feel really inadequate. I look back on my mission, the huge amount of time, effort and life spent....and think, "That's it?"...."Shouldn't there be more?"  Many times, I felt as though I was a failure, a terrible missionary and just plain discouraged. I would do something good and think, "Wow, I was able to do x thing! I'm so pleased with myself!" and then the thoughts would sink in.....

"So what? You also did this, that and the other thing wrong"

"Do you realize it's probably your fault that this happened?"

"How could you have been so dumb as to just forget something so important?"

"They are relying on you! You can't even hold up your responsibilities"

Etc. Etc. Etc.  

With each thought, I would become weighed down with discouragement as all my failures fell around me and I wanted to give up. It was the logical thing to do! I couldn't do anything right apparently...and in a SNAP that good, uplifting thought was gone.

How many of us feel this way? We feel like nothing we do turns out just the way we want or that our list of weaknesses is extensive. Well, let me tell you what I learned this week.

Life is not meant to be suffered through! Nothing is! There is joy in every footstep, a song in every breath and a light in every heart. We are children of Light :) Beings of Joy! We are children of God.

Moroni 10:8, "And again, I exhort you, my brethren, that ye deny not the gifts of God, for they are many; and they come from the same God. And there are different ways that these gifts are administered; but it is the same God who worketh all in all; and they are given by the manifestations of the Spirit of God unto men, to profit them."

Each one of us has been given certain gifts and blessings. Our blessing make us who we are and special in God's sight. We don't need to have all the gifts that Janet, John and Michael have. They might not be the ones that will PROFIT US.  But each one of us do have gifts. God has promised that. We just need to look for them.

These are our drops of awesome. These are the things that make up who we are.

Yes, there is opposition in all things. I'm not saying we are all perfect but I am saying that you are wonderful! You are special! You are needed! You might not be needed in the way YOU want, but you are needed in the way God wants. The way God wants always ends up being the better option.

 Focus on your talents, your successes, your achievements and allow them to give you the encouragement to tackle life with a smile. Life is too hard without you making it harder for yourself. :) Choose today to be optimistic.  

I've started doing something. Every time that negative, angry thought enters my head. I turn it positive. I point out the good, recognize the bad and move on. You can't change the past but you have a definite say in the future. :)  

I hope each one of you recognize your own drops of awesome. If they can be found within me, as flawed as I am, they can be found in you.  

I know that my Savior is there. He listens. He is aware. He tries to open my eyes to the way that He sees me. He knows and loves me for who we truly are.  

The greatest gift I could give you is to help you see yourself the way I see you

God loves us all so much!  

I love this gospel :)  

Hna Lake

 

No comments:

Post a Comment