Monday, November 23, 2015

Week #66 - Atonement, Repentance, and the Spirit

Dearest Family!

This week has been awesome! I've tried to notice more the spiritual promptings I receive and to follow them. It has proven to be a way to miracles.

We were out knocking and felt to go into this certain apartment complex but it was gated and with a canal around it. Literally, a fortress with a wall, guards and a gate. So, I'm sad to say my faith wasn't high enough and we walked away. But then, I saw a man stop in front of the gate, wait for a car to go through and walked in after it. No problem. I thought, "Heavenly Father, if You want us in that complex, provide the way!"

1 Nephi 3:7- "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

We walked up to the gate just as a car pulled through, then the gate stalled and stayed open. (No clue how?)  We were able to get in and talk to a former, and multiple potentials. The security guard drove by twice and saw us contacting...but left us alone. We just had a NEPHI EXPERIENCE! It was awesome. My faith grew as I recognized even more that this is the Lord's work and NOTHING can stop it from progressing. Where we are needed is where we will be as long as we have the legs willing to walk. 

Another Nephi experience was similar. We felt to go knock a certain apartment complex. When we got there, we couldn't get in because it required us to call a owner within....okay.....so we felt that we should keep going. After knocking and praying with a 22 yr old doing her First Communion (Catholic Baptism) and looking for more God in her life (We needed to find her. We testified and left her a card. She was cool; her boyfriend was not), we decided we needed to go back. We got up to the doors and my companion called the office....AND THEY LET US IN!  We knocked one door and then felt to go up a floor, we walked out of these doors to go up the stairs....and we were locked in the stairwell....okay, awesome.... we go up the stairs and the 2nd floor is locked....okay.....go up to the 3rd floor and for some reason...it is open. We knock on the very first door and find Lynette.

Lynette is an older lady, 60's, from Puerto Rico. She lives with her husband and mother with Alzheimer's. She was looking for peace and a WHOLE lot of it. She used to be Catholic but didn't agree with the Pope. After we said a prayer, she said that she knew that God had sent us  and that she really needed us. We then taught about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon and SHE LOVED IT ALL! She was so excited to read the Book of Mormon.  We won't be able to see her for a bit because of holidays but was so excited that she is going to read 3 Nephi 11-20 while she is seeing her daughter for 3 weeks. Turns out, Lynette is also the President of the Board....she let us in the building. She opened the door. She was completely inspired by God so that her chance for happiness could knock on her door.

GOD PREPARES THE WAY!!! We just have to be willing to follow it.

 I love you all. I know that God lives. I know My Savior is aware of my needs and wants. I know that They will do ALL possible to guide us.  I LOVE THIS!  

Hermana Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment